Friday, May 13, 2011

Catching up....

Life was quite busy in April and the early part of May. I actually can't believe we're already at the middle of the month. I started to write a post on Wednesday but as well all know, Blogger was not cooperating.

I had one more birthday to attend in April - this one for my cousiun's little girl. Check out the back of her top... very cute. And at the rate she's going she'll likely grow out of it by the time she's 5, so it's all good.

The birthday girl was very patient as she waited for every to arrive so we could eat. She occupied herself by serving her grandma tea with new tea set. So cute.
 



We did cake and presents pretty quickly after we ate, for the simple reason that the birthday girl, who had spent the afternoon having a party with her friends from pre-school, was starting to fade. Her presents definitely perked her up. This one was her favorite.






The cake was yummy I must say. It was gluten free, which can be hit or miss. This time it was a definite hit - and I don't mean this cake was good by gluten-free standarnds. It was genuinely GOOD.

I did not spend Mother's Day with my family this year, as everybody is away right now. Instead, I had the honour of attending my first Wheelbarrow BBQ at the B's house. My friend A. has mentioned before that her family likes to use a wheelbarrow, sand, an charcoal to do up hot dogs, marshmallows and Smores. We didn't have S'mores this time because A. made this incredibly yummy chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing. To. Die. For. I was in heaven. She spoiled me; my cupcake was huge! I was so enthralled by it I forgot to take a picture. I did get some good ones of other parts of the night, though:

Coolest bbq pit ever!
Roasting marshmallows


S. likes 'em burnt

Nothing is cuter than a two year old wearing a funky jacket accessorized with a melted marshmallow mustache.


Mmm mmmm good!

I shall end today's post with a couple of projects I have been meaning to share.
This card is the third one I made at the Stampin' Up group I joined in April. I didn't want to post it earlier because I wanted to wait until after Mother's Day, since it was going to be for my mom. She ended up with a different card, because I put this one away in such a safe place that I couldn't find it before they left for their trip. It turned up literally the day after they left.  If you look closely at the card (it should enlarge if you click on it) you'll see we embossed the cherry blossoms. If you missed the first two cards, you can learn about them in in this post.

Those pretty much dead flowers in the background  are the remnants of a boquet my very talented aunt, who made the cake in this post, brought me on Easter weekend. They actually lived a decent amount of time, given my complete lack of a greenthumb.
 
I love this layout. I made it at workshop in April. You can see the original, which was designed by SA designer Naomi Albert,  here. This time I stuck pretty closely to the original design.There are a few I will be posting in the next few weeks where I tweaked the pages to account for extra photos and/or differing photo orientations.

I want to add omething between the words on the title, since I spaced them out incorrecly. My journalling will go on a die cut, in the in the top right area someplace. I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to say.


Project Details:
Easter Blessings Card:
Cardstock:
Whisper White, Regal Rose
Stamps: Easter Blessings
Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Blender pen, Versamark pen, clear embossing powder

Maundy Thursday Layout
Cardstock: American Crafts
Pattermed Paper: My Mind's Eye
Embellishments: American Crafts
Letters: Cricut cartridge

Until next time.... have a great day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

That cake looks delicious..:)
wonderful photos and love that adorable card. BBQ in a barrel sounds interesting.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow...super busy!!! And I love your card! What a fun club to belong to!!